Computerization program of the Romanian educational system
Launched in 2001 - The Computerized Educational System (SEI) is a complex program implemented by the Ministry of National Education, whose main objective is to support the teaching / learning process in pre-university education, using computer systems.
Within this program, SIMAVI provides software applications, multimedia educational content and software installation and configuration services, training and technical support.
So far, the computerization project of pre-university education has meant:
- over 7 million users and beneficiaries involved in the project: students, teachers, administrative staff, parents, decision makers, education specialists
- over 15,000 computerized laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art technology
- 140,000 trained teachers
- 192,000 desktops and laptops delivered to schools
- 3,700 learning lessons, totaling over 21,000 individual learning objects, for 21 subjects
- connecting more than 2,000 schools across the country to the Internet
- administration of the SEI educational portal, http://portal.edu.ro, the most important source of information in the educational system, with 232,478 registered users and which reached in July 2014 over 5.58 million unique visitors.
At the same time, within the project, IT projects were developed in order to support the organization of national exams for students in schools and high schools, as well as for teachers: development of IT projects in order to support the organization of national exams:
- entrance exams in high schools and vocational schools (ADLIC - 2,617,380 graduates in the period 2001 - 2014)
- 2,799,448 candidates for the Baccalaureate (2003-2014)
- teacher tenure exam (567,974 teachers, 2003-2014).